Saturday, December 18, 2010

Film is slow . . .

. . . but I am slower.  I am just now, finally getting around to dealing with the analog images that I've been taking over the last few months.  I think that I really need to teach myself to develop my own color and black & white film rolls, at least the new 120mm stuff that I have been doing.  There is no really convenient place to get 120mm film developed - the few stores that develop on-site have store hours that simply don't work with my work schedule - and the delay on getting 120 rolls back from the shops that will send it out means that by the time the film gets back, much of the excitement of the moment that I clicked the shutter has dissipated.  (Plus, 120mm film processing is freaking expensive.)

Anyway, here are a few 35mm images from the Labor Day "destination shoot."  This is a concrete factory, I believe.  I had been thinking about photographing this place for awhile.  The lines of the elevators are nicely dramatic, and it sits right next to a bridge that provides a good vantage point from which to take images.


All of these are shot on cross-processed Provia 100f slide film, with my Canon Elan 7ne 35mm film camera.  I think the cross-processing really works well for these industrial shots.  My understanding is that the Provia generally gets the type of green color shift seen above.  Other slide films will give more true colors or different color casts.  I'm eager to do some further experimentation.

1 comment:

Manuel said...

Very cool shots Ed!